Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Pedestrian slicer for 1961 Dominator

Forums

I have a '61 Dommie with the optional chrome front fender and would like to get a pedestrian slicer for it. It appears that most of the pedestrian slicers available are too short. The holes in my fender are about 12 1/4 inches apart so am wondering if anyone has come across slicers of the appropriate size. Thanks.

Tobin

Take a look at the thread on Lightweight Twins - lots on pedestrian slicers there, including some caveats.

Previously wrote:

I had some front number plates made of the Nomad type if that helps.

Can you please explain what are the "Nomad type" Thanks.

I suspect that Fred Williams (Wideline Spares) could probably help but he's not too keen on the internet. If you can add your e-mail address to your profile, I'll happily send you his contact details.

Previously wrote:

I suspect that Fred Williams (Wideline Spares) could probably help but he's not too keen on the internet. If you can add your e-mail address to your profile, I'll happily send you his contact details.

Thanks Richard

Tobin Peever

tpeever@turbonet.com

Previously wrote:

Richard,

Please send me Freds contact details, my e-mail address:

tony@osvs.co.uk

Many thanks

Fred Willams has a stand at Kempton Park in the same building almost opposite the Johnson Cables stand. He is there at every Kempton Park show. It is the long narrow building in the centre of Kempton Park.

Previously wrote:

Fred Willams has a stand at Kempton Park in the same building almost opposite the Johnson Cables stand. He is there at every Kempton Park show. It is the long narrow building in the centre of Kempton Park.

Thanks but doesn't help me as I am in the USA!!

If you look in Roy Bacon's Norton Restoration or his smaller books you will see a picture of a Nomad type front number plate. I sent one to Skip Brolund for his Nomad project so you may be able to contact him, as he lives in Ohio, USA.

Hi Tobin,

love the photo, adds some color here!!! If you dont have the brackets, they are easy to find new, & the number plate is easy to make if you cant find one long enough. Make a template out of poster board & take it to your local sheet metal, or welding shop, they will be able to make one up for you, or they will probably sell you a piece of scrap & you can cut it on a band saw with a metal cutting blade, or have your local high school or vocational school metal shop cut it for you.

I may be wrong here, but the hole spacing you have seems too far apart, someone may have made their own custom number plate, not for numbers, but perhaps as a sign identifying the bike eg.: "1961 Norton Dominator" & they wanted a longer number plate???

If you need any help at all email me at sbrolund@yahoo.com

Skip

Previously wrote:

Hi Tobin,

love the photo, adds some color here!!! If you dont have the brackets, they are easy to find new, & the number plate is easy to make if you cant find one long enough. Make a template out of poster board & take it to your local sheet metal, or welding shop, they will be able to make one up for you, or they will probably sell you a piece of scrap & you can cut it on a band saw with a metal cutting blade, or have your local high school or vocational school metal shop cut it for you.

I may be wrong here, but the hole spacing you have seems too far apart, someone may have made their own custom number plate, not for numbers, but perhaps as a sign identifying the bike eg.: "1961 Norton Dominator" & they wanted a longer number plate???

If you need any help at all email me at sbrolund@yahoo.com

Skip

Thanks Skip. The holes in my fender do seems to be much further apart than the norm and that is what prompted my question on this forum. I was hoping that someone might have some experience with this. According to factory records, the bike was delivered to Malaysia and it seems likely that it was fitted with optional chrome fenders (or mudguards as you like to call them!), chrome chainguard and possibly chromed primary cover. I had Ross Thompson in Canada restore and rechrome the front fender (did a fabulous job) but the holes for the slicer were already there. So unless someone swapped a fender at some point, I have to believe the fender and the slicer mounting holes are stock. I am thinking of doing exactly as you suggest, making my own out of aluminum sheet.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans