Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Norton Manxman 650 Exhaust Pipes

Forums

Hello All Members Well I have been looking around the web page's To try and find a pair of Exhaust pipe To Fit A 650cc Manxman Witch as the Down draft Cylinder head and The same Head went on to the 650ss form October 1961 to 1964 full bore pipes , from 1964 they made the re-juiced or small bore pipes , But I need the full bore pipes Norton Part Numbers 23432 LH 23433RH , It morning I opened a parcel From RGM Motors with a Pair of 650ss.750 Atles pipes full bore ,On trying them on my Manxman only to find that they, Did Not fit correctly , The Manxman silencers have a large fixed welded bracket , running down the top of the silencer , these silencers where made in house that Bracebridge Street and are extremely hard to get hold of ,So have told RGM Motors, The Bad News They Said re-turn them and we will re fund you ? But where Do you get the Right exhaust Because no one seems to make them ,As a point of interest the same Exhaust pipes went on to the early 650SS and 750 Atlas the right hand pipe as a kink in to ward the frame its just above the second bend ,It was put there so the Rev-counter drive cable missis the pipe and the pipes should follow the Frame tubes with a 1.1/4 inch gap between the frame and the exhaust pipe . No one seem to that note of these details , when your restoring a machine to how it looked when it left the factory and you can not get the right parts, And the Norton Owners Club Dose not seem to want help ether .its frustrating I think this Parts problem Need Addressing . I have a original Norton Manxman Parts Manual if anyone needs a part number yours Secretary East Yorkshire Branch

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans