Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Model 7 pistons +030

Forums

Hi all,

Does anyone have a set of these or know someone who has a set of Hepolite's in the above sizein stock? I have exhausted all suppliers in OBM who advertise Norton parts. I will consider +040 but again these MUST be Hepolite, I have heard too many negative things about JP and GPM to even consider letting them near my engine.

Thanks

Hello James, ask"Sheffield British Motorcycles"John Phelan18 Bowshaw RoadDronfieldSheffield S18 2GBPhone1: 0044 1246 290021Phone2: 0044 1246 475503His parts are not cheap, but Igot +010 and +030 Hepolite pistons for my 650SS from him!best regards Roland

Previously wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone have a set of these or know someone who has a set of Hepolite's in the above sizein stock? I have exhausted all suppliers in OBM who advertise Norton parts. I will consider +040 but again these MUST be Hepolite, I have heard too many negative things about JP and GPM to even consider letting them near my engine.

Thanks

Hello All Norton twins was fitted with BHB Pistons Not Hepolite thare the replacement pistons forNorton And I Do Not Reconmend The JP Piston Or GPMpistonAs Thesehave moreweight ? And have been known to seize ? yours Anna J Dixon

Hi Anna,

What recommended NEW pistons are currently available for the heavy Twins please?

I will soon require a set so i would like to know what manufacturer of pistons I should choose to get the best and most reliable piston that is comparable to the origiginals.

As far as I can see, the JP and GPM ones are the only new ones available, so there is not any other choice?

Many thanks.

Les H

Hi, I understand your concerns regarding the new pistons on offer BUT older style design of Hepolite pistons are not that hot either, if you manage to find NOS make sure they have the oil drain (from the oil scraper ring) as a series of drilled holes. (not the slots). Even the revered Hepolite had their problems.

What Iâve been told!! GMP pistons like an extra thou or so on rebore size. JP had a batch were the gudgeon pin was over-size and needed the small end bush reamed to suit.

Ron C.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans