Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Isolastics x 3 Mk.111

Forums

I am about to buy new rubber iso and a proper head mount for a Mk.3. What can anyone recommend as a supplier and considering prices?

Barry,

I have now replaced two sets of isolastics on 750 and 850s with the adjustable ones from Mick Hemmings. Simple and easy to fit and adjust. However if youhave a mk 111 then you already have adjustable ones, just depends on what you make of the engineering.I beleive that one of the best head steadies is produced by Norman White.

For what its worth..............

Jack,

You can get the Dave Taylor head steady from www.rgmmotors.co.uk for £81.40 + VAT or from me for £75.00 (bought on a whim but never used).

Let me know if you are interested and where in the country you are. I am in Berkshire.

Tony

Hi guys from Barry.

Thanks everyone who is still there. I have just now opened a Gmail address so now will try to contact tony_r .

I haven't bought anything yet.

There has been all sorts of discussion about the merits of the Taylor head steady on the Commando forum. Regardless of theoreticals, I'm very pleased with mine. Less vibration and better steering than the Norvil type and a world apart from the standard exhaust rubbers.

The third mounting in the isolastic system is critical to keeping the wheels vertically in line.

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Hi Tony - yep, I'll take it off your hands if you like!

Best Wishes

Jack B

BTW - I am just south of you in north Surrey

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans