Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Commando 920 Running Badly

Forums

Hi all - you may recall that some time ago I posted a question ref my poorly running 920 Mk2a Commando - I spent many hours messing with the single Amal Concentric Mk2 carb etc. The bike is fitted with Tri-Spark Classic Twin (an early example) - in desperation I emailed Steve Kelly (Tri Spark) for suggestions - he promptly replied stating that a FOC replacement ignition 'stator' was in the post from Australia asking that if it didn't fix the problem that I send it back to him. The unit arrived within a week and I fitted it two days ago - result - problem fixed - the bike now runs beautifully again. Just to say that I'm very impressed with Tri-Spark service.

Cheers all - - -

Previously wrote:

Hi all - you may recall that some time ago I posted a question ref my poorly running 920 Mk2a Commando - I spent many hours messing with the single Amal Concentric Mk2 carb etc. The bike is fitted with Tri-Spark Classic Twin (an early example) - in desperation I emailed Steve Kelly (Tri Spark) for suggestions - he promptly replied stating that a FOC replacement ignition 'stator' was in the post from Australia asking that if it didn't fix the problem that I send it back to him. The unit arrived within a week and I fitted it two days ago - result - problem fixed - the bike now runs beautifully again. Just to say that I'm very impressed with Tri-Spark service.

Cheers all - - -

Great news Mark.

Steve Kelly of Tri-Spark has really set an example to other suppliers, with his customer relations approach. In the UK, we have had to get used to Norton parts suppliers adopting a: '...customer is usually at fault' stance, or playing the out-of-warranty card, which is fundamentally wrong; so that makes Mr Kelly's service exceptional. I'll remember that if I'm shopping for electronic ignition!

I hope you are lucky with the weather for the rest of the summer to enjoy what sounds like a fabulous Norton.

Paul

Had the same service from Pazon before they emigrated. One pickup went open circuit after 16 miles of use. They didn't quibble and replaced next day. Has been fine ever since.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans