Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Commando 750 exhaust pipes

Forums

I need to buy a new set of exhaust pipes for my 1972 fastback. I am considering whether to buy a set from RGM or a more expensive set from Armours. Has anyone had experience of the quality and fit, plus long term durability of the chrome on either supplier?

Thanks

Peter,

I recently bought a set of 750 pipes and a peashooter silencer for my 1972 Roadster from RGM and these were very good quality and fitted well and the chrome is excellent. They are British made and not cheap pattern parts that are often sold on ebay. I would avoid buying from Armours as I have heard a lot of negative stuff about their products not fitting right and their poor attitude to customers issues on this forum, although I have never dealt with them myself. I get most of my parts from RGM and cant fault the quality of parts and the customer service, their prices are also very competitive, so my advice is to go with RGM.

I bought mine from Andover Norton absolutley fine quality and fit, and Bitrubo Silencers same again, after I'd sent the Armours ones back as one was 1.5 inches shorter than other and completely the wrong bend!

GP

Have a set of silencers from Armours, very good fit and quality chrome, but they were purchased when the original owner was still running the company. I have heard from many classic enthusiasts across many marques that the quality, fit and service are now terrible and unless you get to the counter with you old stock or bike they are not worth the hassle of dealing with.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans