Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Amal concentric carb on a 1960 '99'

Forums

Can anyone tell me which concentric carb, jets, needle, slide etc would be required as a replacement for a monobloc 376/67 on a 1960 Dominator '99'. Robert Gittins.

hello I would use monobloc carb new from amal as concentric carbs can be a bit greedy but having said that you need a 626 at a26 mm and a 180 main jet 25 pilot jet 3 cutway side 106 needel ,position 2 hope this helps anna j dixon

Previously wrote:

hello I would use monobloc carb new from amal as concentric carbs can be a bit greedy but having said that you need a 626 at a26 mm and a 180 main jet 25 pilot jet 3 cutway side 106 needel ,position 2 hope this helps anna j dixon

Thanks for the details Anna. I'm helping a friend to build a box of bits and he's spent so much recently that cash flow is a problem but we have access to a number of concentrics, so we may have to use one of them as a temporary measure until his finances improve. Rob

Previously wrote:

Can anyone tell me which concentric carb, jets, needle, slide etc would be required as a replacement for a monobloc 376/67 on a 1960 Dominator '99'. Robert Gittins.

Hi Robert, I have a 1960 99 which I converted to mark 1 concentric. The bike was on a 389/218 1"1/8 monobloc which is 28.2mm approx. On advice from Surrey Cycles(I think), I fitted a 928/300 concentric which is 28mm. It has 240 main and cutaway 3 1/2, you can't change pilot jet. The bike starts andruns very well and uses a lot less fuel than on the old carb. I was going to mess with different main jets but to be honest there's no point if your in the right ballpark. Good luck, Robert Scott.

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Hi Robert, I have a 1960 99 which I converted to mark 1 concentric. The bike was on a 389/218 1"1/8 monobloc which is 28.2mm approx. On advice from Surrey Cycles(I think), I fitted a 928/300 concentric which is 28mm. It has 240 main and cutaway 3 1/2, you can't change pilot jet. The bike starts andruns very well and uses a lot less fuel than on the old carb. I was going to mess with different main jets but to be honest there's no point if your in the right ballpark. Good luck, Robert Scott.

Thanks Robert. I now have some information to experiment with although I'm hoping that a correct monobloc turns up and saves me a lot of trouble, Robert Gittins.

I can confirm Robert's advice.

Based on Burlen recommendation, I changed my monobloc for a MK1 928/300 28m/m, 240 main jet, 106 needle jet, needle at middle slot, slide 3 cutaway (but 3,5 seems better) and it looks OK.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans