Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1972 Roadster - Instrument cluster

Forums

Could someone enlighten me on the position of the tacho and speedo on above model? I have the speedo on the right (offside?) and the tacho on the left (nearside?). But this layout means the trip reset knob is sqeezed in between the speedo drive cable and the headlamp shell, and as such inaccessable. Is the reset knob/shaft supposed to be fitted with a flexibleextension or other operating device?If I switched the tacho and speedo around problem would be solved and this is what i will do unless it causes other troubles. Btw. are the green dot instruments correct for the year? This could explain the akward operation!

Previously wrote:

Could someone enlighten me on the position of the tacho and speedo on above model? I have the speedo on the right (offside?) and the tacho on the left (nearside?). But this layout means the trip reset knob is sqeezed in between the speedo drive cable and the headlamp shell, and as such inaccessable. Is the reset knob/shaft supposed to be fitted with a flexibleextension or other operating device?If I switched the tacho and speedo around problem would be solved and this is what i will do unless it causes other troubles. Btw. are the green dot instruments correct for the year? This could explain the akward operation!

The normal/standard position of the instruments is for the speedo to be on the left (nearside) and the tacho on the right (offside).

What green dot instruments do you have fitted? As the early commando's (1968-71)have a solid green dot and the later ones have theslashed or stylisedtype.

I hope this helps. Regards, Paul.

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

The normal/standard position of the instruments is for the speedo to be on the left (nearside) and the tacho on the right (offside).

What green dot instruments do you have fitted? As the early commando's (1968-71)have a solid green dot and the later ones have theslashed or stylisedtype.

I hope this helps. Regards, Paul.

Yes, that answered my primary question, and I will swap the clocks around. I guess the green dots are more like stylised type, so that sounds about right then. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans