Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1968 P11A rear axle

Forums

I was just wondering if anyone can please provide me with a definative exploded diagram showing the rear axle layout, the spacers, oil seals, swinging arm lugs, speedo and correct way round for oil seal cups etc, I keep getting differing opinions and am aware that there has been errors in some of the available manuals. I read a thread on this with Anthony Curzon, who is clearly very knowledgeable, but I could just do with an actual diagram that I know is correct. I have a nagging doubt that something is wrong with the set up I have, as the speedo box would not pinch up so the speedo drive lugs did not engage properly and the whole thing eventually disintegrated. Really want to get this right. Heres hoping...

Hello Jonathan,

If you search the Access Norton websitehttp://jerrydoe.com/there is a P11 thread in Other Nortons sectionwhich is excellent.A diagram and cutawayphotographof the rear wheel set up wasposted recently on page 15.

Regards, Paul.

If you can get a copy of the P11 or the P11A Maintenance and Instruction Manual, then on page 52 of the red P11 March 1967 published G85CS, G80CS, P11,. This will answer your question. A small point there is a fatal mistake in this diagrame. On the left hand sidethe Oil Seal cup (5) show be reversed, and the seal for the bearing (4) does not go inside the cup of the oil seal cup, but acts as a spacer. This hand book is available from Walridge Motors in Canada.

Previously paul_webb wrote:

Hello Jonathan,

If you search the Access Norton websitehttp://jerrydoe.com/there is a P11 thread in Other Nortons sectionwhich is excellent.A diagram and cutawayphotographof the rear wheel set up wasposted recently on page 15.

Regards, Paul.

Brilliant Paul - many thanks, that was the exact diagram I was looking for. I will ride more confidently.

Previously anthony_curzon wrote:

If you can get a copy of the P11 or the P11A Maintenance and Instruction Manual, then on page 52 of the red P11 March 1967 published G85CS, G80CS, P11,. This will answer your question. A small point there is a fatal mistake in this diagrame. On the left hand sidethe Oil Seal cup (5) show be reversed, and the seal for the bearing (4) does not go inside the cup of the oil seal cup, but acts as a spacer. This hand book is available from Walridge Motors in Canada.

Thanks anthony, I knew you would help! I will order the book, I am sure it will be essential.. Cheers.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans