Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1968 - 1970 Fastback Rear Mudguard

Forums

I bought a rear mudguard through the classifieds (thanks Pete) and with some searching I found that it's a 1968 - 1970 Fastback one - part No 06.0507. 

I couldn't work out why it wouldn't fit to my E/start battery tray - the mudguard 06.0507 has only one mounting front hole and doesn't align with the horn bracket on the battery tray.     

The original oil tank for this guard would be part No 06.0511 - this has the mesh filter at the front of the tank and so explains why there isn't a clearance 'dent' for for the rear fitting mesh filter of my later tank!      The battery tray fitted origionally with this guard would of been  06.0615 - measuring off a picture of this tray looks like the horn mount bracket is not central but its L/H hole is and would indeed fit the mudguard. The Late battery tray I have has the horn bracket in the centre position and so a simple 1/4" hole drilled between the battery tray's two existing mounting holes should suffice, although I will have to put some clearance in for my late oil tank's rear fitting oil filter. Note these part numbers are for the 1968 - 1970 Fastback and not the S and the R as these had different parts.  

When I was restoring a 68 fastback such mudguards were unobtainable, there may be someone out there keen to swap or buy this from you. If you are not in a hurry advertise it as a swap for later one or for cash to buy one rather than modifying a rare part.

Regards Martin

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans