Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1967 Dominator seat

Forums

Hi can anyone help ? I have a 1967 650 ss .The seat needs recovering as i had to weld the seat pan in various places. I have been told the seat should have white piping around it. My Seat has a hump on the back but I do not know weather this has been added if the seat has been recovered before. I have looked at lots of photos of 1967 models and have come across one or two similar to mine but weather this is just individual preference or orthentic .My 650ss also has chrome Battery panel and oil tank. I thought may be with it being the last in the series befor the Atlas they may have thrown everything at it......

Thanks

Kev Johno

The Atlas and the 650SS were produced the same years. The black seat with white piping is the standard seat for that model, the seat with the hump on the back would be from a Mercury, which followed the 650SS. The chrome oil tank and toolbox cover were, I'm pretty sure, optional extras on the bike form new.

R.K. Leighton should be able to supply you with a seat cover or re-cover your seat or supply a new seat.

http://www.rk-leighton.co.uk/

Colin.

I had a late Atlas with thean original humped seat and no white piping, and a friend of mine has a late and original 650ss with the humped seat too. I do not think that AMC put different seats on the featherbed bikes by model, but by year. 62' and earlier some of the seats were coordinated by model and color though.....

Previously wrote:

The Atlas and the 650SS were produced the same years. The black seat with white piping is the standard seat for that model, the seat with the hump on the back would be from a Mercury, which followed the 650SS. The chrome oil tank and toolbox cover were, I'm pretty sure, optional extras on the bike form new.

R.K. Leighton should be able to supply you with a seat cover or re-cover your seat or supply a new seat.

http://www.rk-leighton.co.uk/

Colin.

Cheers Colin,I think I'll go for the white piping, and have looked on the web site link.

Kev.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans