Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1963 Dominator 500SS speedo?

Forums

Hi, was wondering if someone could help me. I have a 1963 Dominator 500SS and i was informed that i have a Bonny speedo on it now. Was wondering if someone could help guide me in what number Smith (or other brand) Speedo should i be looking for to get a factory correct speedo on the 500SS. Is ebay the best place to look for one? Thanks in advance for any help, much appreciated...

Thanks so much Colin! Can i ask where did you find this information? Is there a parts book with pictures or something out there? Would you happen to know what Tacho would go with a 1963 - 500SS. Really appreciated the help on the speedo. Thank you!

Previously colin_ansell wrote:

Hi - you should have a Smiths chronometric - SC 3303/46 (MPH) or SC 3303/11(KPH).

Marcus - I have a copy of the 1963 (and other) Smiths motorcycle Equipment Catalogues.

I think that the rev counter/tacho is RC.1309/00 but it is not so clearly stated.

If you have a look here you will find a whole range of Smiths catalogues (and other useful stuff - but not a great dealelse related toNorton!)

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans