Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1962 650SS silencer

Forums

I am working on a 1962 650SS, could anyone help me identify the Silencers fitted to it. They are not the usual kind of silencers i am used to .

Does anyone know what years these were fitted to ?

Are they original or just an aftermarket fitment ?

Please see attached picture.

Best regards,

Ian Hind

Attachments 650SS-1.JPG

Hello Ian Well these Silencers are of a De-Lux Model 88or99 from 1960 to 1962/3 You Need to call Rodger At RGM Motors And ask for early 1968/9 Atlas /Commando Type Silencers ,there the after market ones but better that most I have seen Hope This Help In some way yours AJD EYB

The strange thing is, I bought them & had them shipped to the USA cheaper than I could buy them locally. I also bought the pipes from them for my model 77, which meant buying model 7 pipes & cutting about 9" off the length. I couldnt believe how thick the metal was! Veryimpressivestuff. They also sent me 2 emails after the purchase to check & see if I was happy with my purchase, and the other email asked for a picture of my bike for the owners section of their website, very good follow up.

The pipes & mufflers are sold each, & noseparatepart numbers for right & left & I was concerned that I would end up with 2 right side mufflers! I emailed them and they said theyautomatically send one RH & one LH when a pair are ordered, kinda weird!

Skip

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans