Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1960 Dominator 99- rear shocks

Forums

I have only just acquired my slimline featherbed and after speaking with Norvil after 4 pm I have discovered the first problem. My bike has wideline shocks on it (they are an inch too long at just under 13 inches bolt centers). The Slimline frame uses 12 inch bolt centres or just under. Consequently my "rocks" a little on the main stand especially as it sits a little higher with the TT100 tyres. My qiestion is does anyone have a decent set of the shorter shocks for sale for my bike?

Thanks

Keith

Keith, you need slimline shocks, 11.9 inches between centres.

Slimline shocks are bushed to fit the top mounting, although they usually need a little work with a grinder to fit. Some shocks come instead with plasticspacers.

There are plenty of new units available, just depends on how much you want to pay.

Hagon's are probably the best but twice the price of cheaper units.

I've just put Hagons on my Slimline and they've transformed the ride! Best £150 I've spent on the bike. I love riding this bike round the lanes, which are by nature quite bumpy, so the Hagons have made it even more enjoyable. They've made me more confident in the bends too as less bouncy.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans