Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1955 Dominator 88 Grey and silver paint

Forums

Hi , Anyone know the exact colour and where to get the paint for my 1955 it looks like a gun metal metallic and silver , i have a few blemishes that need doing chain case etc .

Thanks . Bob

Hi, I don't know where you are Bob but I've just had My '57 Inter done in that colour, he does a brilliant job and has the colour in stock. Contact Dennis's Motorcycle Resprays on 01285 658645. He's in Cirencester. Good Luck, Ian.

Previously wrote:

Hi , Anyone know the exact colour and where to get the paint for my 1955 it looks like a gun metal metallic and silver , i have a few blemishes that need doing chain case etc .

Thanks . Bob

hello the 1955 Norton model88 was painted Nortonsliver gray metalic ,As the Polychromatic gray of the 1954 model 88 as gold in it that why it looks like gunmetal colour ,But Norton changed colour in late 1954 for the 1955 season , so buying the gunmetal colour for your bike will be the wrong colour As so meany Norton 1954 and 1955 model 88 are?,Bikes are the wrong Colour because of this change in colour in 1955 ,I know this as I have a early1954 Model 88 and did lots of reseach in to paint work on the 1954 model 88 and I have the paint code numbers, But no paintcode numbers for the 1955 model 88 Yours Anna J Dixon

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Thanks . Bob

hello the 1955 Norton model88 was painted Nortonsliver gray metalic ,As the Polychromatic gray of the 1954 model 88 as gold in it that why it looks like gunmetal colour ,But Norton changed colour in late 1954 for the 1955 season , so buying the gunmetal colour for your bike will be the wrong colour As so meany Norton 1954 and 1955 model 88 are?,Bikes are the wrong Colour because of this change in colour in 1955 ,I know this as I have a early1954 Model 88 and did lots of reseach in to paint work on the 1954 model 88 and I have the paint code numbers, But no paintcode numbers for the 1955 model 88 Yours Anna J Dixon

hellobob I do not know if you have your bike painted by now but I have the 1955to63 polychromatic sliver gray paint ICI ,Paint Code L89G.9305B hope this helps

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Thanks . Bob

hellobob I do not know if you have your bike painted by now but I have the 1955to63 polychromatic sliver gray paint (ICI) ,Paint Code L89G.9305B hope this helps All NOCers

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Previously wrote:

Thanks . Bob

hellobob I do not know if you have your bike painted by now but I have the 1955to63 polychromatic sliver gray paint ICI ,Paint Code L89G.9305B hope this helps

Hello Anna

I'm also looking for some of that touch up paint for my '59 99. Can you sell it in touch up quantity?

Thanks

Graham Haynes

Hello Anna

I'm also looking for some of that touch up paint for my '59 99. Can you sell it in touch up quantity?

Thanks

Graham Haynes

On second thoughts, my 59 bike has a golden, gunmetal, tint, so that has probably been painted the wrong colour, although it looks very nice in the late evening sunshine! I suppose any good car body shop should be able to match any colour. Whether they are willing to sell the paint in touch up quantities is another question but one that I will ask?

Cheers

Graham

PS The bike is now on the road, with clutch problem sorted. I sold a Triton to buy the 99 and I'm loving it!

Previously wrote:

Hello Anna

Thanks

Graham Haynes

Hello Anna

Thanks

Graham Haynes

Hello graham I have the 1954 polychomatic gray in stock and can send you a small tin but it will need lacquering after you have touch up , As this paint is a Base coat colour know as lacquer over base , so ring me 01430430831 yours Anna J dixon

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans