Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

Euro 4 961

Has anybody else taken delivery of a new Euro 4 961? if so I would be interested to have a conversation!

Cheers Nigel

Hi I have only seen the test mule they were using to get it through the euro 4 tests. They said all the new models would have a dual seat so they could put all the electronics under the passenger seat. There were still working on the routing of the pipe work on the bike I saw as they were not happy yet with how it looked. This was about 4 weeks ago when I took my cafe racer in for a service at Donnington.

Hope this helps.

Jason

Hello,

My euro4cafÃ? raceris currently on the build stand for imminent delivery - Jason was probably looking at it. it is right that everything is a bit packed under the seat as Clem called me to say they could not fit the tracker I wanted. Fortunately a meeting with Biketrac has probably resolved this. I am unaware of the pipe routing issue but will raise this when I speak with him this coming week.

Happy to share any info.

Clive AM

Hi Clive,

the bike I saw was a silver one and was complete and on the road when I saw it so I hope it isn't yours. The pipe work they mentioned was the abs pick up pipe from the left hand side of the engine casing. It had been taken to Germany for type testing.

Hoe you enjoy your new bike. I've loved every minute of riding mine. A long weekend riding round north and mid Wales being the highlight so far.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the info - the last pic Clem sent me a fortnight ago it had an engine, electronics and a bit of bodywork. He called me to say there was no room for the tracker which I REALLY wanted but since then we have been in touch with Biketrac and Norton reckon they can find a corner for it. I was looking on the 961 Commando facebook page and there is a posting from some poor bloke who had his stolen at the end of 2015. I would have thought they would be too distinctive to re-reg and not popular enough to strip for spares. Probably just goes in a container with everything else...

To follow the thread of this topic I think Norton may be on a bit of a learning curve since buying in the Motad exhaust manufacturing after they went bust- I saw some atrocious welding posted on the AccessNorton site so I will be looking very close at mine.

Regards,

Clive

Previously clive_astley-mynd wrote:

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the info - the last pic Clem sent me a fortnight ago it had an engine, electronics and a bit of bodywork. He called me to say there was no room for the tracker which I REALLY wanted but since then we have been in touch with Biketrac and Norton reckon they can find a corner for it. I was looking on the 961 Commando facebook page and there is a posting from some poor bloke who had his stolen at the end of 2015. I would have thought they would be too distinctive to re-reg and not popular enough to strip for spares. Probably just goes in a container with everything else...

To follow the thread of this topic I think Norton may be on a bit of a learning curve since buying in the Motad exhaust manufacturing after they went bust- I saw some atrocious welding posted on the AccessNorton site so I will be looking very close at mine.

Regards,

Clive

Previously alan_dixon wrote:

Previously clive_astley-mynd wrote:

Hi Jason,

Regards,

Clive

Mine arrived today, but without short exhausts as apparently welder has gone...

ABS light permanently on, not sure if fault as nothing in manual about it.

Hoping to fit a Din power socket and optimate connector tomorrow,if I can find battery..

Sounds awful with euro 4, like a bag of nails. New exhausts will be ready for first service with remap.

Not been out yet as too wet for a first ride...

Alan,

My bike had a factory installed optimate lead located by the left hand rear shock. It was tucked into a hole in the frame. Have a look before installing your own.

Jason

Previously jason_coupland wrote:

Alan,

My bike had a factory installed optimate lead located by the left hand rear shock. It was tucked into a hole in the frame. Have a look before installing your own.

Jason

Thanks. Have looked once but could find nothing- what model is yours??- I wonder if its gone for ABS or euro 4 use with recent bikes.

regards

alan

My bike is a mk11 cafe racer so not euro 4. I would give the factory a call as it will save you a lot of hassle if it is there somewhere. I'm in Derby so very close to the factory. They are really helpful. I love the bike and sports exhaust make a big difference.

Jason

My bike is a mk11 cafe racer so not euro 4. I would give the factory a call as it will save you a lot of hassle if it is there somewhere. I'm in Derby so very close to the factory. They are really helpful. I love the bike and sports exhaust make a big difference.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Really interested in the 'big difference' the exhausts made and do you have the decat option?

I really like the look of the peashooters but they do seem a bit quiet. Clem at the factory seemed to imply that the noise of the short exhausts alone was enough to propel the bike along and I do have a problem with the price; it is possible to get peashooter style exhausts on other sites for around £200 a pair but of course there's the fitting, mapping and the insurance issue. Maybe I just need the sound of a real Manx Norton on my mp3 player...

I had the decat option and long sports exhausts and a remap when the bike was first serviced. There is a noticeable difference in the way it goes and the sound is so much better. Expensive yes but I still think it was worth it.

Im in Derby is you are local and want to hear it.

I had the decat option and long sports exhausts and a remap when the bike was first serviced. There is a noticeable difference in the way it goes and the sound is so much better. Expensive yes but I still think it was worth it.

Very kind of you Jason I'm just down the m42 in Solihull. It was recommended to get to the first service on the long pipes then decide. The bike should be ready in a few days.

Jason

My sport mk2 euro 4 is in for 500 mile service and to have short opens fitted. Having read comments here and spoken to Clem and Charles at kickstart in Wales, have decided to go for decat too.

I have had 3 engine warning light occurences in the first 400 miles but it appears to be a known technical issue with euro 4 so am reassured. Apart from that it still sounds like a bag of nails, am hoping a louder exhaust will drown the mechanical thrash..

regards

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans