Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1975 Service Voucher Booklet Found - #316684

Forums

Good morning:Not sure if this is the best location to post thismessage ornot but here goes... During a recent swap meetvisit I came across an original Norton Service Voucher Booklet in the bottom of a box of part I purchased (see attached photos). This is a verycool little item that I wouldlove to get into the hands of the bikes current owner, that is, if the bike is still in existence.So... if the current owner ofa 1975 Norton Commando Roadster 850, with frame and/or engine numbers matching 316684, would please reply to this message, I will drop it into themail soonest!

Thanks for reading!Scott

Attachments 316684.jpg

Although the bike was sold in '75, the frame number indicates that it was a '74 model. A Mk2 850 presumably.

A good scan of all the pages would be useful, then maybe AN can get some blanks printed or you just fill in as a PDF form and print it out to suit your Commando.

That's faking history, John !

When I first bought my Mk3, I obtained the previous owners details from DVLA and wrote to them all (it had had five in seven years)...The brother of the first owner phoned me and said that it had been rubbish from new - soft camshaft and layshaft bearing collapsed...

I dare say a lot of the original buyers felt the same. It was only well down the line that they came into the hands of no expenses spared idiots who wouldn't give up on them.

I don't think this was true of Nortons from the 1950s.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans