Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1967 650SS mudguard suppliers

Forums

Hi everyone :) been a while happy christmas

first 2 weeks / days of of all year haha so on with sorting the 650ss out for a full years of riding, everything is pretty original on her but was having the isssue with the front mudguard binding the forks was a stainless item,

just wondering who does everyone use for the correct ones for a 650ss,

Massive Thanks in advance,

Tom

Hello Tom Well the best option is these thats made in India there not that bad , but I would go for the Un-chomed ones as they will not have fitted the Bridge strenthing peace witch needs welding in place , and the Tags of the rear lighting loom they need welding in place, and they need drilling and test fitting before you ether send them for painting or chroming So have fun !

Yours anna j

Previously anna jeannette Dixon wrote:

Hello Tom Well the best option is these thats made in India there not that bad , but I would go for the Un-chomed ones as they will not have fitted the Bridge strenthing peace witch needs welding in place , and the Tags of the rear lighting loom they need welding in place, and they need drilling and test fitting before you ether send them for painting or chroming So have fun !

Yours anna j

I have a new front mudguard and am collecting the bits for it's assembly - I've ordered what I believe I need from RGM, but what is the bridge strengthening piece? Has this something to do with the main stay?

thanks, Bruce

Previously Bruce Mitchell wrote:

Yours anna j

I have a new front mudguard and am collecting the bits for it's assembly - I've ordered what I believe I need from RGM, but what is the bridge strengthening piece? Has this something to do with the main stay?

thanks, Bruce

Rear slimline mudguard bridge pace is a 2.1/2 wide thats welded in were the mudguard stays fit with 2 mouting hole ether side of the mudguard and you have also 4 welded in tags for the wiring loom for the rear lights, the tags are 1.3/4 inch long and .1/4 inch wide, now I hope this puts light on things, yours Anna J

Hi Bruce,

This is something you will have to get used to with replies from Anna - You ask about Front mudguards, and she replies with a comment about the rear! She is very knowledgable on many subjects but is not very good at reading/comprehending the original question before answering it, leading to confusion later on.

Her heart is in the right place though.

George..

Hi Tom, As you may be aware Roadholder forks come in different widths ,yours should be the wider type. Mudguards were also in different widths and the brace that attaches to the top of the slider is an important component, Very important that it fits the forks without loading them and binding up the action.The Indian copies are getting better but are often missing the final little bits .Also the chrome finish is doubtfull in quality which is why Anna suggests getting the unplated type ,sorting out the issues ,then getting the plating done.I've not had much luck with plating so I would just paint them a non standard silver or Black.

1. Previously george_farenden wrote:

Hi Bruce,

This is something you will have to get used to with replies from Anna - You ask about Front mudguards, and she replies with a comment about the rear! She is very knowledgable on many subjects but is not very good at reading/comprehending the original question before answering it, leading to confusion later on.

George..

My apologyis your rigth I did not see that one I did think he needed both mudguards and yes this front mudguard as a bolt on bridge but look out for these nice allen key domed 1/4 bolts they do look nice in chrome or polish stainless . now have fun out there yours anna j

1. Previously george_farenden wrote:

Hi Bruce,

George..

My apologyis your rigth I did not see that one I did think he needed both mudguards and yes this front mudguard as a bolt on bridge but look out for these nice allen key domed 1/4 bolts they do look nice in chrome or polish stainless . now have fun out there yours anna j

Thanks for the clarification Anna and George, The important piece is I'm not missing something...

cheers, Bruce

For plain steel front mudguards I would always recommend Fred Williams, but I haven't seen him in a while so I don't know how busy he is. He normally brings a large selection to shows and jumbles but doesn't do mail order I suspect. You can see him at Kempton Park and Stafford Shows. He doesn't go down to Shepton Mallet as he thinks it's too much trouble from Bedford where he lives. You could also try Renovations Spares who always advertise in the Old Bike Mart.

What part is binding on the forks? This implies the guard is actually too wide. Check the measurement of the fork centres - easily done at the top nuts. If it's 7" this could be the cause.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans