Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1955 Wideline Model 88

Forums

Recently I got a barn find norton 1955 wideline alloy head bike. It was lying down in a room for more than 30years. It was converted to cafe racer during 60s. I am trying my best level to put the bike back on road with original condition manufacturing.

With NOC shop and ebay i manage to find few bits to complete this bike!

I am looking for the original parts:-

1) rear mudguard

2) handle bar clamp with rubber mounting.

As I am not much fimiliar to exact specification of the parts details but i do know roughly about the parts are missing.

I hope Noc Member could guide me with right parts and advise me on making this bike ont he road.

james

Attachments img_2760-jpg

Hi James,

Firstly, 55 models are a pain because pretty much all the tinware is unique to that year.

There is a little chance of finding the correct original rear mudguard as these were only made for one year. The correct rear number plate is even harder to find. Again, this is a one year only part.

Very poorquality replica rear mudguards (look right from sixty feet away but have so many compromises I rate them very poorly, not one dimension is right)are made for the Model 7 which is very close the only difference being it's 3/4" longer at the front. I have hadREAL ones side by side so I know this is right and how close they were to each other.

Jim

Previously jim_royce wrote:

Hi James,

Firstly, 55 models are a pain because pretty much all the tinware is unique to that year.

There is a little chance of finding the correct original rear mudguard as these were only made for one year. The correct rear number plate is even harder to find. Again, this is a one year only part.

Very poorquality replica rear mudguards (look right from sixty feet away but have so many compromises I rate them very poorly, not one dimension is right)are made for the Model 7 which is very close the only difference being it's 3/4" longer at the front. I have hadREAL ones side by side so I know this is right and how close they were to each other.

Jim

Dear Jim,

Sorry for late reply,

Yes I have been looking for it for a year for the right mudguard and rear number plate.But no luck in finding it. Jim I am not so technical in the dimension of the mudguards. As far i know the replica mudguards are very poor as u said. A friend of mine said the es2 also uses the same rear mudguard, i am not sure about it. Its very difficult to find the right mudguard.

If you have any for sale pls let me know. The indian replica mudguards are useless.

Thanks Jim

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans