Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1955 Model 7 transfers

Forums

I see in the parts book these transfers are listed- A2/866, A2/867, A2/868 & A/869, can anybody identify these for me and advise if they are available anywhere? possibly under a later number?

Thanks Al

hi alan,the 866 is the small norton logo,on petrol tank,867 is thechaincase transfer,norton oil bath,868 is the minimum oil level on oil tank,869 is the no.7 logo,on the rear mudguard,above the hinge.bruce main-smith can help you out,he has a web-site,les

Previously les croston wrote:

hi alan,the 866 is the small norton logo,on petrol tank,867 is thechaincase transfer,norton oil bath,868 is the minimum oil level on oil tank,869 is the no.7 logo,on the rear mudguard,above the hinge.bruce main-smith can help you out,he has a web-site,les

Thaks Les, you wouldn't know the dimensions of the small norton? and does it go on the Tank?

Cheers Al

hi alan,the small norton transfer is one and a half inch x half inch,soz for the imperial.there is a small black line at the bottom on which reads regd.trade mark.yes,its on the tank,on the centre front to back and approx three and half inches below the centre of tank filler.hope it helps, les

Hi, I have a model 7, 1955 chrome tank, I also require tank and rear mudguard transfer's, the tank is norton, in gold?? The mudguard is norton made in England ??

Is that correct? Can any one supply photographs of the decals and position on the tank

Thanks

Nick C

hi nick,im sure that the mudguard transfer is the square one with the n outline with the number 7,and below the number is 500c.c.i could be wrong having my assumptions being that i copied the 55 model7 in the bike museum.looking at the transfers available on the websites it confirms the correct one is fitted.again i could be wrong and have asked the question on the model7 website.the tank transfer is the one previously mentioned by myself, les

Previously les croston wrote:

hi nick,im sure that the mudguard transfer is the square one with the n outline with the number 7,and below the number is 500c.c.i could be wrong having my assumptions being that i copied the 55 model7 in the bike museum.looking at the transfers available on the websites it confirms the correct one is fitted.again i could be wrong and have asked the question on the model7 website.the tank transfer is the one previously mentioned by myself, les

Les have a look at "mudguard transfers in the singles section, paul apparently has the same A2/869 in the parts book of an ES2 which would dispel the theory that it is a 7 decal.

Previously alan_rogers wrote:

I see in the parts book these transfers are listed- A2/866, A2/867, A2/868 & A/869, can anybody identify these for me and advise if they are available anywhere? possibly under a later number?

Thanks Al

Hello Well for my Norton Manxman 650 , I had to have them made from scratch , you may have to do this with your Model 7 , good luck with it all yours anna J

Hi.

A2/859 is probably a small Norton logo. This is listed as for all models up to a least 1956. By the time you reach 1959 only A2/867 oil bath transfer is still listed. The rear mudguard transfers all have separate (new) part numbers for each model for 59. The Norton logo transfers are available from Paul Norman - see my link in the post 'Mudguard transfers' in 'Singles'.

Regards,

Ian.

Previously eugene_brolund wrote:

Item number0116 TRN/03

http://s261735181.e-shop.info/shop/article_0116%2520TRN%252F03/Norton-Rear-Mudguard-Transfer---Gold.html?sessid=BYn9L3Rhey7NdN1voGzyaWOp5PixYY2Z3nBIFr8cA9rwpdTDBj8dNjCy9mKNlrPH&shop_param=cid%3D1%26aid%3D0116%2520TRN%252F03%26null

These are Incorrect there the Norton motorcycle 961 Logos and NOT Bracebridge street design logos I have them made to Bracebridge Street designs ,

Hi.

Just to confirm that this scriptwas used in the fifties, there are 3 period photo's in Mick Woollett's book 'Norton' showing the 1953 & 1954 works' racers with this script on their oil tanks (pages 245, 247 & 249).

Regards,

Ian.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans