Skip to main content
English French German Italian Spanish

1947 Inter 30 type-approval / Betriebserlaubnis / Typenschein

Forums
Hello everybody, an Inter 30 is the youngest member of my british bike stable in Austria. The motorcycle has  a V5C but is not an original Inter but a zombie, however very close to a 1947 Inter (and fast and beautiful). I have the ambition to road register it in Austria and a copy of a ca. 1947 Inter 30 type-approval / Betriebserlaubnis / Typenschein would be o great help. Any help very appreciated! Andreas

... "type approval" was a concept in the 1940s...... In the UK, road registering a bike is relatively straightforward if supported by an authoritative (eg from the NOC) statement saying it is authentic. Is there not such a scheme in Austria?

"Type Approval" with appropriate headstock plates was a concept in the German-speaking countries before the war. This is an eBay photo of a 1953 Austrian document for a 16H and sidecar, but it gives an idea of the information that has to be provided. Sadly, the Germanic system has prevailed across most of the world so modified vehicles are pretty much a thing of the past. 

I suggest that you email Paul at recordspostwar@nortonownersclub.org he will be able to advise you what records are available.

Thank you Ian, yes I will need a certificate from an Austrian approved expert, however a "type-approval" (Typenschein) including the technical specs would help a lot to smoothen this out.

Norton Owners Club Website by 2Toucans