Navigation

You are here: Home / Messages / Heavy Twins / Tank painted

Tank painted

Up to Heavy Twins

Tank painted

Posted by marcus_bloomfield at Tuesday 11:26

Hi, does anyone know of  a good tank painter, painting Norton etc onto a chrome tank.

 

Thanks.

Re: Tank painted

Posted by ian_soady at Tuesday 14:36

Where are you?

Re: Tank painted

Posted by marcus_bloomfield at Tuesday 16:08

Previously ian_soady wrote:

Where are you?

Kent, near Tonbridge.

Re: Tank painted

Posted by Philip Ham at Tuesday 17:32

Marcus,

JBS are based near Yeovil at East Coker, near Yeovil in Somerset (Mobile 07968 507846) or jbsmotorcyclepainting@hotmail.co.uk  They're not quick at getting back to you, but they do a good job, may be a bit pricey, but the tank is the first thing anyone takes note of!

I have photos of my ES2 tank, but the file size is too large to post on this forum.

Philip.

Re: Tank painted

Posted by ian_soady at Wednesday 10:25

A bit far for you, but I had some Guzzi parts painted by a bloke in the Black Country and he was excellent and reasonably priced. He did however take his time......

Re: Tank painted

Posted by anna jeannette Dixon at Wednesday 18:52

Hello well i have always have done my own paint jobs and have my own spray equipment  ,  and know how, and skill ,   And I am just  female  us shows you men up then  ,   yours  anna j

Re: Tank painted

Posted by marcus_bloomfield at Wednesday 23:18

Previously anna jeannette Dixon wrote:

Hello well i have always have done my own paint jobs and have my own spray equipment  ,  and know how, and skill ,   And I am just  female  us shows you men up then  ,   yours  anna j

Good for you sweet cheeks

Re: Tank painted

Posted by anna jeannette Dixon at Friday 11:11

Previously marcus_bloomfield wrote:

Previously anna jeannette Dixon wrote:

Hello well i have always have done my own paint jobs and have my own spray equipment  ,  and know how, and skill ,   And I am just  female  us shows you men up then  ,   yours  anna j

Good for you sweet cheeks

 

Hello  Or I am just thorn in the side of this club  ,  your  Anna J Dixon

Re: Tank painted

Posted by David Cooper at Friday 13:04

Please keep on chipping in Anna!  We all (well most of us) love you really!  And those who don't want to read what you say don't have to.

I was going to make a painting suggestion (having recently painted a chromed tank), but have decided against.

Attachments

Re: Tank painted

Posted by ian_cordes at Friday 13:54

Is it polychromatic grey? RS Paints are good paint suppliers, and a good local spray painter should have no problem with it.

Is it a Wideline Featherbed tank or an earlier one? Did you have it chromed? If so, did you get them to leave the painted area unpolished, to help with a key? A good etch primer should do the job, but it would help if the chrome is not highly polished where the paint is to be applied.

Or are we barking up the wrong tree and you are talking about a coach painter who can free-hand paint 'Norton' on the tank? It is not quite clear from your original post.

Re: Tank painted

Posted by anna jeannette Dixon at Saturday 01:06

Previously ian_cordes wrote:

Is it polychromatic grey? RS Paints are good paint suppliers, and a good local spray painter should have no problem with it.

Is it a Wideline Featherbed tank or an earlier one? Did you have it chromed? If so, did you get them to leave the painted area unpolished, to help with a key? A good etch primer should do the job, but it would help if the chrome is not highly polished where the paint is to be applied.

Or are we barking up the wrong tree and you are talking about a coach painter who can free-hand paint 'Norton' on the tank? It is not quite clear from your original post.

 

Hello  the only trouble with RS paint they will not admit there is two polychromatic greys  the  early grey with its gold tints  and the later grey that ended to be the norton standard grey  metallic, this is the one RS paint sells  and if you want the early polychromatic grey you have to mix it your self,  i done just this and got it on the money  and RS paint are expensive compared with other paint suppliers like Nu-agane paints witch sells cellulose paint , were as RS paint are more Acrylic based

yours anna j dixon

Re: Tank painted

Posted by alan_whelan at Saturday 11:10

Lewis Templeton in Coventry. Best in the business.

Carries out work for NMM and Sammy Miller.

You just have to be patient!

Re: Tank painted

Posted by anthony_curzon at Saturday 11:55

Try Ace Classics in Hither Green, South London as they did two of my Nomad petrol tanks for me, and also did my friends Nomad petrol tank. They are a Triumph dealer, but their paint work is amazing. You are not that far from them so you could take the tank your self. I did this with my own Nomad petrol tanks, as I got on the train, and walked from Hither Green station to their shop.

Re: Tank painted

Posted by anthony_curzon at Saturday 11:55

Try Ace Classics in Hither Green, South London as they did two of my Nomad petrol tanks for me, and also did my friends Nomad petrol tank. They are a Triumph dealer, but their paint work is amazing. You are not that far from them so you could take the tank your self. I did this with my own Nomad petrol tanks, as I got on the train, and walked from Hither Green station to their shop.

Powered by Ploneboard
This is Brio Diazo Plone Theme