Navigation

You are here: Home / Messages / Commando / Folding Front Footrests

Folding Front Footrests

Up to Commando

Folding Front Footrests

Posted by Katherine Scott at May 31. 2017

Tired of getting  my legs knocked about by the front foot rests,  so I spent quite a a large chunk of our damp bank holiday weekendCry in the workshop making these,  The mounts machined from 1 1/4 stainless 303 bar  and the rests are Suzuki copies from ebay.

 

<a href="http://imgur.com/nf6GjUM"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/nf6GjUMm.jpg" title="source: imgur.com" /></a>

<a href="http://imgur.com/xS9Wylu"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/xS9Wylum.jpg" title="source: imgur.com" /></a>

<a href="http://imgur.com/iqux8LL"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/iqux8LLm.jpg" title="source: imgur.com" /></a>

Regards

Esme

Re: Folding Front Footrests

Posted by Dan Field at May 31. 2017

Good job!

Re: Folding Front Footrests

Posted by michael_sullivan at May 31. 2017

Esme:  Do you have any plans on making these mounts as aftermarket items for sale?

Re: Folding Front Footrests

Posted by Katherine Scott at May 31. 2017

Previously michael_sullivan wrote:

Esme:  Do you have any plans on making these mounts as aftermarket items for sale?

Thank you guys glad you like them,   this first pair was a steep learning curve, it took me a day and a half to make on my hobbyist lathe/ milling machine, so life is too short for me to make them for others Surprised However  as there seems to be some interest I will ask a friend of mine in the engineering  business  to give me a price and  moq to manufacture the mounts on quality machines. and come back to you with a kit price.

Regards

Esme

Re: Folding Front Footrests

Posted by anthony_curzon at June 01. 2017

They are a really well made item and I am sure there would be a ready market for such footrests from other Commando owners who are having the same problem as your self.

Re: Folding Front Footrests

Posted by Bruce Mitchell at June 01. 2017

Previously Katherine Scott wrote:

Previously michael_sullivan wrote:

Esme:  Do you have any plans on making these mounts as aftermarket items for sale?

Thank you guys glad you like them,   this first pair was a steep learning curve, it took me a day and a half to make on my hobbyist lathe/ milling machine, so life is too short for me to make them for others Surprised However  as there seems to be some interest I will ask a friend of mine in the engineering  business  to give me a price and  moq to manufacture the mounts on quality machines. and come back to you with a kit price.

Regards

Esme

 

I really like them, so if you do get some made I'd be interested.  But I'm curious, I've never gotten snagged in foot rests, how does that happen?   I still like them though.

Re: Folding Front Footrests

Posted by allan_walker at June 01. 2017

Excellent work!

I would be very interested in a pair, too.

One point, though. I have a Mk3 so they would fit as they are, but I think that previous models of Commando do not have the tapered section on the footrest pegs. They have a straight threaded section which screws into the footrest arm.

You may receive requests for a different version to fit the earlier bikes!

Re: Folding Front Footrests

Posted by maurice_cloud at June 13. 2017

I would pay you if you could make me a set as I have to get my mk3 down a tight arch way at home and keep jamming my legs and hitting my nice new exhaust`s so I am not happy....but have not got the tools or your skills to do it myself or I would

Previously Katherine Scott wrote:

Tired of getting  my legs knocked about by the front foot rests,  so I spent quite a a large chunk of our damp bank holiday weekendCry in the workshop making these,  The mounts machined from 1 1/4 stainless 303 bar  and the rests are Suzuki copies from ebay.

 

<a href="http://imgur.com/nf6GjUM"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/nf6GjUMm.jpg" title="source: imgur.com" /></a>

<a href="http://imgur.com/xS9Wylu"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/xS9Wylum.jpg" title="source: imgur.com" /></a>

<a href="http://imgur.com/iqux8LL"><img src="http://i.imgur.com/iqux8LLm.jpg" title="source: imgur.com" /></a>

Regards

Esme

Re: Folding Front Footrests

Posted by Katherine Scott at Friday 22:13

Hi
After some interest being shown on he Access Norton site for a sprung loaded version, I have found a return spring that works well with the folding footrests, I had to add a top hat spacer and longer bolts and a roll pin to my original design but they came looking OK 8)

[url=http://imgur.com/rgaOaZn][img]http://i.imgur.com/rgaOaZnl.jpg[/img][/url]

 

The lugs ,nuts, bolts, washers and the roll pins are all stainless; the rests are aluminium and the rubbers are moulded over steel and pop riveted to the rests.

Some folks have expressed an interest in me making some kits for sale :shock: So now for the painful part - I have to make 25 sets for reasons explained in an earlier post. :!: so the sale price would be £70 ( US $90 ) + postage and packing for a pair of folding spring return front footrests. I need requests for 25 sets to make this work I have posted this on the US site as well if you are interested please send me a PM and let me know if you would like tapered or straight lugs.

Best regards

Powered by Ploneboard
This is Brio Diazo Plone Theme