Navigation

You are here: Home / Messages / Heavy Twins / Model 7 fuel tank paint

Model 7 fuel tank paint

Up to Heavy Twins

Model 7 fuel tank paint

Posted by istvan_merki at April 09. 2017

Hello ,

I would like to ask some help. Unfortunately is no one who has a M7 nearby .

The fuel tank now has been painted and the strips should be repainted again .I ask you to send a picture of a original fuel tank whichshows where these lines are , how far from the edge .

Another questions : what color the stripes are . The fuel tank is silver .

Many thanks in advance :

István

Re: Model 7 fuel tank paint

Posted by paul_nicholls at April 12. 2017

What year is your Model 7 as the stripe thickness changed from early plunger to late swinging arm frame bikes.

Paul

Re: Model 7 fuel tank paint

Posted by istvan_merki at April 13. 2017

Previously paul_nicholls wrote:

What year is your Model 7 as the stripe thickness changed from early plunger to late swinging arm frame bikes.

Paul

Hallo ,

Thanks for the reply !

My Dominator is 1953 with swinging arm frame .I did not think that there is a difference ,between the fuel tanks .

Thanks :

István

Re: Model 7 fuel tank paint

Posted by anna jeannette Dixon at April 15. 2017
Previously istvan_merki wrote:

Previously paul_nicholls wrote:

What year is your Model 7 as the stripe thickness changed from early plunger to late swinging arm frame bikes.

Paul

Hallo ,

Thanks for the reply !

My Dominator is 1953 with swinging arm frame .I did not think that there is a difference ,between the fuel tanks .

Thanks :

István

  
   Hello that depends on which frame you have    single down tube frame  for model 7  dominator  or  featherbed frame  twin loop frame  for model 88 dominator    but both are the same pinstriping  on a silver tank is  black pin- stripe  is a 1/4 inch red pinstripe 1/8 inch  black on the outside,  red on the inside  
?????
 
  yours   anna  j 

Re: Model 7 fuel tank paint

Posted by istvan_merki at April 15. 2017

Previously anna jeannette Dixon wrote:

Previously istvan_merki wrote:

Previously paul_nicholls wrote:

What year is your Model 7 as the stripe thickness changed from early plunger to late swinging arm frame bikes.

Paul

Hallo ,

Thanks for the reply !

My Dominator is 1953 with swinging arm frame .I did not think that there is a difference ,between the fuel tanks .

Thanks :

István

Hello that depends on which frame you have    single down tube frame  for model 7  dominator  or  featherbed frame  twin loop frame  for model 88 dominator    but both are the same pinstriping  on a silver tank is  black pin- stripe  is a 1/4 inch red pinstripe 1/8 inch  black on the outside,  red on the inside
?????
yours   anna  j

Hallo ,

Many thanks for the reply !

So, my Dominator is Model 7 , 1953 , with single downtube frame and rear swinging arm .Fuel tank silver .

Many thanks :

István

Re: Model 7 fuel tank paint

Posted by paul_nicholls at May 11. 2017

To 1952 black line outside is 1/2" thick with a 1/8" gap and then a 1/8" red line inside.

From 1952 on the black line went down to 1/4" thick with the red line as before.

Paul

Re: Model 7 fuel tank paint

Posted by istvan_merki at June 04. 2017

Hallo ,

Thank you for your help so far !

Please ,but I want pictures ! Close -up pictures of the fuel tank about , amines can see more details (  Model 7 1953 , single downtube frame , wit rear swinging arm ) .

Regards :

István

Powered by Ploneboard
This is Brio Diazo Plone Theme